I wish you could witness the drama/comedy that I just watched outside my kitchen window as I was doing the dishes. The Fish Sticks decided it was high time that our ducks learn to swim in the big pond and not the baby swimming pool that is close to our house. After the storms and our neighbor's yard pouring over into our pond, it left a little island at the end of the pond. The Fish Sticks found this a great place to collect hundreds of tadpoles, dig in the wet sand and wade. I heard quacking, honking and screaming outside. I wish I could post all of the photos I took in a row because it would be like a little movie. Chase the ducks. Grab the fighting ducks. Walk down the hill. Put them in the pond. Ducks run out. Chase the ducks and the cycle begins again. For some reason those ducks aren't interested in taking this step of maturity that my kids feel was necessary. Funny how each Fish Stick, despite their last name, seemed to respond the same way as these ducks during their first weeks of swimming lessons.
Monday, May 3, 2010
Forced to Swim
I wish you could witness the drama/comedy that I just watched outside my kitchen window as I was doing the dishes. The Fish Sticks decided it was high time that our ducks learn to swim in the big pond and not the baby swimming pool that is close to our house. After the storms and our neighbor's yard pouring over into our pond, it left a little island at the end of the pond. The Fish Sticks found this a great place to collect hundreds of tadpoles, dig in the wet sand and wade. I heard quacking, honking and screaming outside. I wish I could post all of the photos I took in a row because it would be like a little movie. Chase the ducks. Grab the fighting ducks. Walk down the hill. Put them in the pond. Ducks run out. Chase the ducks and the cycle begins again. For some reason those ducks aren't interested in taking this step of maturity that my kids feel was necessary. Funny how each Fish Stick, despite their last name, seemed to respond the same way as these ducks during their first weeks of swimming lessons.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ha-ha - at least your kids got their exercise in, too, that day - chasing the ducks!!!
Post a Comment