Monday, May 24, 2010

Moving Day

Friday was a busy day. It was the day we were moving furniture into the lake house. My Man constructed that entire house in 62 days! Unbelievable...that's what he is!

In the a.m. I took the 4 older Fish Sticks to Nonie's for a field trip (post on that to come). Ran to get pizzas for the 4 homeschooled high schoolers that we hired to help with the move and then home. Little Man couldn't resist "driving" the Mule while we watched them load.
Just imagine the "engine sounds" being made in this photo.
It was like putting a puzzle together to make everything fit and they did a great puzzle! It fit!
The final futon and glass top porch table loaded into the truck and the job is half way finished (and that was the "easy" part).
Grandma was directing "traffic."
Although she can't hoist much of a load these days, she just provided a ray of sunshine as she toddled around - and she made her Momma happy that her knees are no longer calloused!
And this is the Man of all Mans (I guess the word would be Men - I sounded like Larry the Cucumber on that phrase.) Hot, sweaty and ready to put in many more hours of work. They left me here to remain until later that night. I assumed for the next 7 hours that all had gone as planned. I was wrong...

No comments: