Thursday, May 27, 2010

Some Bunny's Crazy

I'm the crazy one. We have added a wild baby bunny to our Fish Zoo!! While we were swimming at Nonie's today, I saw Tootsie digging around in the flower beds. Nonie thought it might be a lizard he was chasing. I thought it was a chipmunk. When I heard the critter squealing, Caleb screamed in desperation, "IT'S A BABY BUNNY!" All Fish Sticks ran out of the pool to save the poor soul.

Doctor Mom assessed the damage (2 puncture wounds through the fur but not the flesh and possibly one broken leg) as I was bombarded with "CAN WE KEEP HIM? WE HAVE TO KEEP HIM. AHH - HE'S SO CUTE!"

Next thing I knew we were carrying a shoe box with an injured rabbit in it to take home and nurse back to health.
His name is Starburst. He is cute as he can be, but I keep warning the kids he might die, in hopes they won't get too attached. I fear it's too late. They are already in love. Caleb is feeding him milk from a bottle. Anna Blair is taking him outside (without Tootsie!) for physical therapy and all Fish Sticks are fighting over who gets to sleep with him.
Guess my 24 hour-turn-back-to-nature rule on wild critters isn't going to work this go round. We're too soft around here.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Oh my gosh - you ARE crazy! What a hoot. Keep us updated.