
What is 2,010 minus 1, 991? It is 19 and that would be how old my Valentine's socks are that I am wearing today. My mom was super wonderful about care packages in college and these socks were part of my care package along with conversation hearts, cinnamon jelly hearts and a sweet Valentine card. So how am I able to keep a pair of socks for 19 years and only the toes be slightly worn? Simple - I only wear them on Valentine's Day. I'd say they are almost vintage, wouldn't you?
And it was 15 years ago this day that my Valentine told me those 3 important words for the very first time..."I love you." It was as if they clung in the air, ringing in my star struck ears for hours. And this day he treated the Fish Crew to a delicious lunch after church at our favorite Mediterranean Restaurant. My kids love the "chicken" there. It's actually lamb but for some reason any meat is "chicken" to them no matter how often I quiz them on all the types of "chicken" that we eat. Conversation hearts for dessert, of course. Happy Valentine's Day!
1 comment:
I'm not sure if I'm impressed or not.... :-)
Post a Comment