
We are almost complete with speech. Leah has done super and made great progress over the last half of a year and speech has almost come to a close. AB has even worked on an "R" sound and is nearly "cured" also.
Now on the flip side, this little man cracks us up with his speech. He's just a toddler so we aren't worried about the need for speech now. We are just enjoying his little antics. He leaves off most initial sounds so it's pretty challenging to figure out what he is saying and oftentimes pretty amusing too.
I was tucking the boys in bed last week one night when he kept asking me for Caleb's "Bo waa it." I kept asking him to repeat it and he sweetly repeated over and over. Next I brought in my interpreter, big brother. He too was baffled as we kept requested a repeat. Little Man never got tired of repeating himself but was very patient with our ignorance. Then he got down on the floor, sat on his knees and repeated "bo waa it" as he jumped up and down on his knees. Hmm - that didn't help one single bit. Next I asked him to show us. He crawled up the bunk bed steps on top of Caleb's bed, pulled at Caleb's bunny rabbit that he had made out of an old sock and held it up high and said loudly "BO WAA IT!" Oh - Bunny Rabbit!! Why this Mama Fish and Big Brother are so ignorant is a mystery to me! You'd think that after 6 kids, I'd speak toddler pretty good. Not so.
1 comment:
Ha-ha! LOVE IT!!!
Post a Comment