Monday morning we began school at the usual hour but Leah and Ruth were no where to be found. I went through the house calling their names. I recalled that 30 minutes earlier they had gone outside to let the chickens out for the day. I went to each door to outside, calling their names and hearing nothing. I'm not the worrisome type, but after looking in all the normal places, I started worrying. What if they had fallen in the pond? What if they had gotten locked in the chicken coop? I wandered the property, calling and starting to jog and get frantic. I found Leah's toboggan in front of the chicken coop, sending chills down my spine. Just then I heard faint voices, laughing and giggling. I followed them to find this.




These 2 never knew I saw them. What is surprising to me is that these are the girls who don't like to play in the snow, and usually come in crying because they are frozen. The 2nd most shocking thing about what I saw was Ruth was actually dressed appropriately - no croc sandals, bare feet or skirt with bare legs. That was almost a first. I hated to interrupt their fun - it was so rare a sight. I just gave them an excused tardy that morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment