Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Better Late Than Never

My mom used to make this fabulous dessert every Valentine's Day called Cherry Berries on a Cloud. I totally forgot to make it this year and the kids reminded me the week after Valentine's. Despite our unfortunate weekend, I made it Sunday afternoon.

First you make a meringue - which I have learned is an art all by itself. I won't tell you how many I have thrown out in the past just to get it right.

Then shape it into a heart that bowls up on the sides.

It bakes for 1 1/2 hours and then sits in the warm oven for another hour and then looks like this.
You fill it with a cream cheese, marshmallow and whipped cream mixture.


Then add a can of cherry pie filling on the top. It is every bit as yummy as it is beautiful. Well worth the "cheat" for me!


1 comment:

Katie said...

Beautiful as usual!!!
I've never even attempted one of these!