Sunday, March 28, 2010

Tennessee - The Tease

After a very cold winter with lots of bouts of snow, we are ready and rearing for spring time in the Fish House. The last 2 Saturdays have brought us spring. 70 degrees, sun, breeze - perfect weather to play outdoors, eat on the screen porch, read books on the trampoline, have friends over to play, open the doors and windows and turn off the heat.
And just when I am tempted to give in to the pressure of the Fish Sticks and do the big wardrobe switch from winter to summer clothing with the many boxes of clothing and shoes in the attic, Sunday has brought us rain (lots of rain), wind, overcast skies and chilly weather once again.
I don't remember other states or countries that I have lived in to be like Tennessee. She's a finicky state and likes to play the tease. She knows what we want and makes us all believe that she will give it to us. Just when we are delighting in the new season, she snatches it away and gives us a taste of the old. It's just not nice. It's hard to explain to 3 and 5 year olds too who haven't quite understood time, weather and seasons. All I know to say is that Tennessee is teasing with us and her game will be over soon. I don't think that brought much light to their confusion, but let's just say that Tennessee has one ticked off little 5 year old Fish Stick and she can be quite feisty so TN better watch her back.

1 comment:

Katie said...

You are so right, Sister. TN is so bad about that....can't wait for spring to stay!!

BTW - Add another E at the end of the title (in case you want it right for the one day printed book!) :-)