Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Spring Fever

There were many things I loved about living for 2 years near the equator. One thing that was harder for me was the weather. There's just something nice about anticipating the next season every 3 months, not to mention the associations we have between seasons and holidays. Last Saturday we got a little fever at our house and it wasn't one that needed to be handled with Tylenol. It was the kind that brings the Fish Sticks running to their Mama and begging for flip flops.

Our precious neighbor/friend sent over 2 spectacular kites. My Man came through the house mentioning that clearly someone had never taught our children to fly kites correctly. I grinned and said that possibly that someone just didn't know herself how to fly kites correctly. He sighed, rolled his eyes and 15 minutes later those kites were flying higher than the Fish Sticks could have imagined. I suppose that running with a kite continuously isn't the way to fly kites?? Tying it to the seat of ones bike isn't either??? (It's a good thing I married a man much smarter than I am!)
I noticed after admiring the high-flying kites that I was missing 2 kiddos. I found them playing so nicely in the sand box. For the first time, they came in without sand in their hair. Yippee! Maybe someone is listening to my instructions finally. Notice Little Man's determination with the tongue hanging out.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Wow - those are cool kites!!! I know what you mean about not being a good kite flier!!