I remember showing up at church with my first baby when he was 2 weeks old. A friend about 10 years our senior came to ooh and ahh over our adorable child. He looked at both of us and said, "Enjoy every moment. They grow up too fast. One day soon you'll ask yourselves, 'What did we ever do with all the time we had on our hands before we had kids?'." I remember chuckling and really not processing what he said.
Now I'm older and a bit wiser and I think, "Where has the time gone?" My tiny baby is just blooming into such a little person and honestly it's going way too fast. We are savoring every little moment and make the hugest deals out of her little antics.
Now her biggest brother used to sit in his chair at 18 mths. waiting for me to hold his sippy up to him. When I would let go, he would cry as if he couldn't figure out how to tip it up when he sucked. Since then I have laid my babies on the floor with a sippy to teach them how to tip it. This was the only one session this little Peanut needed. She's a pro now and uses a straw perfectly too. She's discovered she likes Mommy's herbal unsweetened tea and she's almost mastered saying "Tea" with her sign language for "please."

Big Sis AB has begged for months to get to bathe Liddy Leigh. Last month we tried it after much instruction from Mom. She did super and loves her new job. Liddy loves her bath time with big sis too. Tonight AB informed me she said "bath" when she was told it was time to take a bath.

Just in the last 2 weeks she has started wanting to hold baby dolls and love on them. It is so precious. She now says "baby" when she hugs and rocks her baby or feeds it a pretend bottle.

And although she was crawling at 6 months (sooner than all other Fish Sticks) she is still not really walking. Well, I take that back. She actually walks everywhere and quite fast too...just not on her feet....on her knees instead. It's quite entertaining to watch. Her little knees are permanently bruised, I think.

She's still just a tiny thing - not close to 20 lbs. yet and we're still waiting on her first piggy tail sprout. She's not keen on her headbands. I usually can get them to stay on for maybe 1 minute max. It's really sad. She loves to play and get into all kinds of trouble. I caught her and Josiah yanking and squealing over a toy today proving to her Mama she's not perfect as I suspected all these months. What's wonderful to her parents is that she loves to cuddle and snuggle and play a flirty game with her Daddy. He loves it as long as HE is the only one she flirts with. She finally started saying "Mama" after saying "Da-Da" for a long time. She uses her little sign language when she's using her manners at the supper table and she has perfected the Miss America wave (the one that only rotates the wrist) with her cute high pitched and slightly Southern, "Hi!". Her favorite blankie is known as "Ditty." We aren't sure where that came from so we assume it's closest to Teddy (since it has a teddy bear head on it).
And as for being spoiled...well her Daddy tells me she is and he also tells me how soft I've become. My extended family says that maybe she's not walking because she is always held by someone in this house. I just grin. I don't mind undoing the damage later. She's just too sweet right now. Let's hope her toddler years are just as sweet.
1 comment:
She is definitely a little sweetie!!! :-)
Post a Comment