Friday, March 26, 2010

No More Speech

We wrapped up our speech therapy this week. YIPPEE!! I am so glad for Leah and Anna Blair also as they worked hard to fix their "th","r", "sh" and any and every other digraph, prefix, suffix, initial sound that wasn't quite perfect. Now it is MY job to continue practicing with them to keep those good words coming.

Our speech set up was like none other but so great for us. The therapist is a wonderful friend of ours from church. She is a fellow homeschool mother and did speech out of her home each Wednesday. Her prices were half what the going rate was and the catch was that I watch her 5 kids in addition to my kids during the 30 minute session. The Fish Sticks just thought it was a weekly play date and fun was had by all.


Caleb asked if he started mispronouncing things could we keep going weekly to play with his buddies. What a rascal!Now I am not an overprotective or overly cautious mother, but I was told that these crazy kiddos are aloud to climb this tree as high as they did. As nervous as I was (and yet still impressed), I just asked them to stop swaying when they reached the top! YIKES! And I thought my kids were daring.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I am so glad everyone has done so well with speech. I can certainly see, however, how your kids wouldn't want it to be over. And HOLY COW - I cannot believe that tree picture - that even made ME nervous!!!! It looks like it's just going to bend over to the ground!