Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Double the Fun

Sunday we celebrated 2 birthdays in our home. One turned 38 and the other turned 3. The 38 year old decided that birthing a precious boy on her birthday was such fun 3 years ago, so from that moment on, her birthday festivities would be run by this little sweet guy. Therefore, a Bob the Builder birthday was on the agenda although "Pire Man" (Spiderman) was runner up. Since Bob is kind of a "has been" figure, finding Bob party goods seemed out of the question. That led me to get my creative juices flowing. I had already envisioned making a cake shaped like Bob's perfectly round head with halved cupcakes for his ears. It all seemed to be coming together until Little Guy woke up Sunday morning and was adamant that he wanted a backhoe birthday cake. Ironic thing is that 7 years ago, Big Brother turned 3 and wanted a Bob the Builder birthday party too. I had made a backhoe birthday cake with Bob toys as my decorations. Those toys have long since gone to Goodwill. Due to icing issues and last minute theme changes, the cake wasn't quite as spectacular as it was 7 years ago. My Little Guy didn't notice one bit. Spending my birthday making my Little Guy happy with special gifts, backhoe cakes and festivities with family made it a very happy birthday for me. Josiah struggled with holding up 3 fingers, so Big Brother had already taught him to shoot imaginary webs out of his wrist like Pire Man. Caleb just suggested he take his Spiderman shooting hand and flip it up - voila - 3 fingers.


He got a new Diego Trike. Just trying to learn how to move our legs and feet to turn the peddles. Once he gets that, I wouldn't be shocked if he beats his big sis to the punch in learning to ride a bike.


6 comments:

Greg and Allison then came Four said...

That cake looks like it was professionally done, Cassie! Wow! I am very impressed! Happy Birthday!

SevenSwansaswimming said...

Hope you had a happy birthday! You look like a HOT 28 year old :)

Nanette R. said...

Happy Birthday to both you and your little guy! I hope you got some special time to yourself after all that work! A mom's sacrifices are always worth it, though! :-)

Mandy said...

Yes, I am impressed with the cake too! Great job. You both are just too precious :) Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

wow, that's a cool cake!! happy b-day!!!!

Katie said...

That cake is not nearly as bad as you described it, girl. I'll try to make one and then you'll see a disaster of a backhoe!!!