Friday, March 5, 2010

Barn Party

Yesterday when I was cooking supper, Lydia and I received an invitation to come to a Barn Party. First my chauffeur came to pick me up in his limo.
We were greeted at the barn by this lovely duo.
We very carefully climbed up this steep staircase, going under the extension cord - a bit scary, I might add, carrying a baby.Country music filled our ears coming from this elaborate sound system on make-shift entertainment center (thus the extension cord).

This welcome sign was posted, making us feel very...er....um....welcome of course.

A table was spread with water, baby carrots and saltines (rationed out very particularly by eldest daughter, 2 per person).

A wooden board barricade was placed in front of the steep steps to keep all guests safe.A dance was performed on the carpet strip for entertainment.

I'm not quite sure how to describe this. It was sort of a dance, drama, fight, expressive interpretive something-or-other and I'm pretty sure it was impromptu but entertaining nonetheless.
What more could a Ma ask for....a delightful party where I was not responsible for decorations, cooking, cleaning or transportation....just pure country pleasure with the best Fish Sticks a Mama Fish could want.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Love it! Heard Mom was going to have a barn party too!